Flea Control in Melbourne
Flea infestation is a serious problem which must be dealt with in the right way at the right time. Real Pest Control in Melbourne is here to help you deal with a flea infestation.
It’s important to detect the flea infestation right away and deal with it, along with adopting preventive measures. If you have pets or livestock, the possibility is high that you might be at a risk of flea infestation. Thus, it is extremely important that you must do a regular inspection when pets are living in your home.
Usually, fleas travel into your homes through the animals and infestation can happen from other infested animals as the fleas can jump quite well.
Types of Fleas that invade our Homes in Melbourne
To speak about the types of fleas, you will be surprised to know that there are at least 2000 types of fleas, and if not all, but a considerable number of types are present in Melbourne. The major flea species include Ctenocephalides felis or cat fleas, Ctenocephalides canis or dog fleas, Echidnophaga gallinacean or stick tight fleas, Pulex irritants or human fleas.
Both animals and humans suffer badly due to flea infestation. The Below given list shows the most common types of fleas which cause havoc.
Types of fleas that are the cause of concern:
- Cat Fleas
Cat fleas are mainly found on cats but other animals like dogs and might even affect humans. They may lay eggs anywhere in the house especially on carpets.
- Dog Fleas
As the name suggests, these fleas are mainly found on dogs. In Australia, the fleas that cause havoc for dogs are the paralysis fleas, cattle fleas, bush fleas and brown dog fleas.
- Human Flea
Fleas may also attack human beings and may hide in areas like the armpits or head where there is hair. The best way to combat them is by maintaining good hygiene.
- Rat Fleas
Rat fleas may attack pet mouse or even humans and other pets.
- Chicken Fleas
Chicken fleas are found usually near the face and head which can be discovered on closer observation.
- Sand Fleas
These are unique in look at as these appear like tiny shrimps. Mainly these fleas feed on plants but when infested with animals these mites thrive there nonetheless.
- Stick Tight Flea
These are quite dangerous as these fleas infest almost any animal including humans. These fleas stick tightly into the skin by burying their heads and are very difficult to remove. These fleas might cause infections, rashes, and even anemia.
- Spring Tail Fleas
These fleas love to be in damp places. Often known as snow fleas, which belong to the Collembola type of fleas, these can jump almost four feet. These fleas usually attack animals which may be suffering from some infection.
Why is Flea Control Mandatory?
Flea control and prevention are mandatory as both animals and humans suffer in various ways. Fleas are unhealthy and a source of discomfort. Flea infestation may often lead to rashes, infections, blood loss, allergies and even causing bacterial growth.
Unless flea infestation is controlled, it may go out of hand. It’s also necessary to take preventive steps to avoid flea infestation.
- The main reason to control fleas is to give relief to your pets. Your pets can’t speak for themselves and may fall prey to various diseases and discomforts. It’s the duty and responsibility of the pet owner to prevent and control any kind of flea infestation on the pets.
- Another reason to free your pets from fleas is to avoid the dangerous consequences of eating the fleas by your pets. To get relief, the pets often resort to eating the fleas which cause a cystic form of tapeworms. This is very risky and therefore the pets must get relief soon.
- It’s also important to do flea control as humans might also get infected by them. Any kind of flea infestation causes risk of getting infestation on humans as well.
Real Pest Control is a leading pest control company in Melbourne. We have an expert team of local, certified and licensed pest control experts. Look upon us for controlling any sort of flea infestation!
DIY Ways Control Fleas Infestation
- Flea control pills
Pets can be given flea control pills which can be effective in removing the mites.
- Flea Shampoos
Pets can be given bath with flea shampoos
- Flea Dips
Pets can be given flea dips which are strong chemical rinses to combat fleas.
- Flea Collars, Powders, and Sprays
These are different products used by professionals to combat fleas.
- Professional and Spot on Flea Treatments
Professional flea control and spot-on treatments can ensure complete flea removal.
Our Flea Control Process
Real Pest Control in Melbourne follows a scientifically designed planned process for flea control and complete prevention.
This is the initial step in which our pest control experts detect the problem and find out the areas from where the fleas can enter.
- Identifying the type of fleas
The fleas are identified to determine the type of treatment necessary.
- Deciding a treatment plan
According to the type of fleas and level of infestation, the treatment plan and products which are to be administered are decided.
- Applying chemicals on bedding and upholstery
All areas which may be affected and infected are treated with safe chemicals.
- Final Inspection
A final inspection is done to ensure that the treatment is successful.
Why Hire Us?
- We provide the best professional flea control services in Melbourne.
- We have tie-ups with registered veterinarians who recommend us appropriate treatment for pets.
- We use absolutely safe products and our flea control process ensures that the infestation is completely cured.
- We take effective measures to prevent a re-infestation and also educate the homeowners how to avoid any more such hassles.
- We provide most reliable and affordable pest control services in Melbourne
- We provide same day and emergency flea infestation control services in Melbourne
- We consist of local and licensed pest control experts who help you in fighting flea infestation.
Look no further and contact us today to get flea infestation control services!